Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Search Engine Friendliness / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Search Engine Friendliness (3)

Posted: 11/07/2004 1:29:21 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hey Team!

What about SE friendliness..

A comment I got from someone very experienced in devloping was "what the heck is "inlink/index:m5-1-1-1&"

Posted: 11/07/2004 1:35:17 AM

Reply Quoted  

That's precisely the SE friendliness
inlink/index should be converted to a number - this could be a bug, I need to check it out. But basically, all of the session data is passed into one compact variable, that is spiderable by Google (we checked and double checked it).

This vairable is also very easy to convert to a normal-looking file using mod_rewrite. It will soon come as an option in one of the upcoming releases.

Posted: 11/07/2004 2:05:34 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:363a3acfd8="Pavel"]That's precisely the SE friendliness
inlink/index should be converted to a number - this could be a bug, I need to check it out. But basically, all of the session data is passed into one compact variable, that is spiderable by Google (we checked and double checked it).

This vairable is also very easy to convert to a normal-looking file using mod_rewrite. It will soon come as an option in one of the upcoming releases.[/quote:363a3acfd8]

Thanks Pavel!

Will await the results of your investigation. We did notice the same thing with your demo forum software as well.