Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / In-Bulletin / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In-Bulletin (7)

Posted: 11/06/2004 4:31:29 PM

Reply Quoted  

Why not use In-bulletin for this forum? I am considering buying the module, but would like to see it in action first.

Posted: 11/06/2004 7:08:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

Somewhere on this forum Dimitry mentioned when they get the import script sorted, which I take to mean importing from phpbb to In-bulletin they will use their own forum software.

Hope that helps

Posted: 11/06/2004 11:46:23 PM

Reply Quoted  

That would be really great to have an import script even for the forum module. I mean, lots of guys seemed to be using and liked third party scripts like PHBB and IPB to name a couple: to let them (well, either me! ops: ) switch to InBullettin, the MUST is indeed having a migration tool. Cheers to anyone who develop it... so thanks in advance to the InTechnic guys! :wink:

Posted: 11/07/2004 12:47:39 AM

Reply Quoted  

Yes, we are working on that import script. Hopefully it will be ready by the end of next week. As always after a major release, we are busy answering quesions and helping people out.

I will post in the Announcements once I have a better date for the import completion.

Posted: 11/07/2004 1:23:43 AM

Reply Quoted  

Ok thanks. I was not tryin' to push you into anything... I mean: it will take me a few headaches to translate the whole thing in italian and having the templates fit my site design... probably a bit more than a week or two! :wink:

However, any plan about Invision PowerBoard? :roll:

Posted: 11/07/2004 1:36:02 AM

Reply Quoted  

Sorry, no other forums just yet. Powerboard and vBulletin will be coming, but later.

Posted: 11/07/2004 4:39:52 AM

Reply Quoted  

That's ok. I'll wait to move my forum or try out a trick: converting my IPB to PHBB and then to InBullettin... keeping my fingers crossed not to lose data in-between.

Ciao,
Federico