Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Intechnic customer service / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Intechnic customer service (4)

Posted: 11/05/2004 5:30:57 PM

Reply Quoted  

I am happy whith In-Link and trust In-Portal will be better.
But I am not a happy customer.

1. In june 2004 I asked to create a usergroup in the forum to notify your clients of updates
http://support.intechnic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3219
It would take about five minutes of work to do so, and Dmitry wrote he "would look into this".
By accident I discover In-Portal has been released. This is not professional. It's just incredible you didn't let me know. I am your customer. Keep me informed.

http://www.in-portal.net/demo/ shows me how I can have my visitors subscribe to a newsletter. Please use it yourself for your customers.

2. I want to upgrade my existing In-Link website. There is no info about this in the manual.
Any open source project does this, so why not the company where I bought my software.
Now you tell us an import script is available. Where did you hide it?

You might be good programmers, but treating your customers right is definitely not your core quality.
Get someone for crm and marketing and concentrate on your own qualities.

And why not consider releasing your software as Open Source :-)
Like www.miro.com.au released Mambo. They do good business.

Anyway, first thing I want to know is how to upgrade.

Thank you for a quick reply,

Gerard

Posted: 11/05/2004 8:34:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Gerard,

Please allow me to start with saying that we really care about each and every our current or potential user. I personally making sure that everyone is satisfied with the support and I am ready to work the whole night if necessary. Actually, that's what we did passed two weeks.

Anyway, going back to the main questions. I totally understand your point, and you are right. As a matter of fact, it was and is on our short list to contact all current and pre-registered users the public announcement of In-portal release. Sorry, but there are some technical reasons why we didn't do it right away. Speaking of "updates" category on the forum - it will be created shortly.

Talking about the upgrade. As far as I understand you already familiar with In-portal manual. The import script (from In-link2.3.4 to In-link3.0.4) is shipped with default In-portal and you can find under Admin->Tools->Import Data section. All the details about how to use it can be found in the manual.

Currently, we are finishing In-link2 (default) theme, so all In-link2 users can have an idea about customization process. As you must noticed, there is a Tag library tool which lists all the In-portal+modules tags. Each tag has description, list of parameters, and example of use. Additionally, on-line template editor will fully support tag parameters in the close future.

Well, ss you can see we are not that bad .

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Cheers!

Posted: 11/06/2004 12:30:35 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks for your reply. I found the import function, it works like charm.
As for the bugs I find, do you want me to report them in "Troubleshooting"?
Enjoy your weekend

Posted: 11/09/2004 9:08:03 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Gerard,

Yes, please do so. It would help us a lot to resolve them in a timely manner!

Thank you.