Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / For All The Disenchanted / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

For All The Disenchanted (4)

Posted: 09/28/2004 3:37:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

Haven't used it myself but it certainly LOOKS to have a lot of potential - check it out:

http://www.phpwebscripts.com/linkupgold/demo.html

8)

Posted: 09/28/2004 8:23:55 PM

Reply Quoted  

Actually not too bad!

But the main question is how extensible this script is? I am talking about adding new modules. Also, I looked at support forum and noticed that it has a bit more then two hundred registered users. So I suppose it haven't been extremely popular for it's two years history. Just a though...

Cheers!

Posted: 09/29/2004 3:53:06 PM

Reply Quoted  

Personally I didn't like that design for that script at all. And for the search part, it can't handle + - " in the search string, which is really bad if you want users to search.

Posted: 10/06/2004 10:41:40 PM

Reply Quoted  

"...I looked at support forum and noticed that it has a bit more then two hundred registered users. So I suppose it haven't been extremely popular for it's two years history. Just a though... "

Well, since I've looked extensively for such scripts and never came across it till just the other day, I think it's safe to say that the fact their forum only has 200 registered users might have more to do with poor advertising on their part than a poor script.

"Personally I didn't like that design for that script at all. And for the search part, it can't handle + - " in the search string, which is really bad if you want users to search."

Didn't like the design? Well, it's not as good as PS (which I use now) but it certainly looks to be user-friendly: I don't think you would have much problem figuring out what does what. As far as the search string goes, there's ways around that - you have to be kidding if you think that in itself would justify ruling it out as a contender.

Just my two cents....