Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Announcement: In-Link Geeklog Integration effort / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Announcement: In-Link Geeklog Integration effort (1)

Posted: 01/27/2004 10:20:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

In light of the current status of In-Portal and my need to have a fully functioning web portal, my company has taken on the task of wrapping the full version of In-Link into the popular open-source web portal package known as GeekLog (http://geeklog.net) via a plug-in interface.

Ultimately this will enable In-Link to run inside of Geeklog via a plug-in and will provide the In-Link package with full web-portal features and an extensive library of add-ons. While there is no current target date for completion of this project, we're making brisk progress and have crossed most, if not all, of the major hurdles. At this point we're just finalizing the integration, creating a custom template for our purposes and troubleshooting.

It's important to note that the goal of this project is not outdo, compete or overshadow In-Portal and those who've been working so hard at getting it out the door, but rather it is simply to provide an alternative to those of us who purchased In-Link and need to have portal features. I love In-Link and think it's possibly the best directory engine out there in its price range, I'm just trying to make it better.

Finally at this time we've not yet fully determined exactly how (or perhaps even if) this plug-in will be released. We're taking special care not to touch the InLink code itself and are making sure to do all modifications within GeekLog, however we've still got to explore the viability of releasing such a product. This is especially true since initially this endeavor was only for our own internal purposes.

Regardless, if you might be interested in this plug-in or would like to be kept abreast of its development, shoot me an email at studios@digisquid.com. I'll be happy to update you as best I can and will provide a link here in the forum as soon as our new site using the plug-in is live.

Thanks for your time,

Joe Angerson
CEO
DigiSquid Studios, Inc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digisquid on 2004-01-27 22:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digisquid on 2004-01-27 22:24 ]</font>