Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / TrackBack? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

TrackBack? (8)

Posted: 08/02/2003 11:35:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Is In-portal going to have a blog module that features the "trackback" feature new blog app's are stating to come out with?

[Virtual Pavel Bot Enabled]

Hi Guys... -

[Exception Error! In Virtual Pavel DLL]

No seriously. I would like some answers. I would like some support. I would like to be treated with some respect as a client/customer.

I've been trying to give us a smile here and there - but this is starting to become ridiculous.

I tried to get on your beta. And -

[ViRTuAl PaVeL ENabled]
Ripbud,
The group of beta-testers is closed for now - we already have more people than we planned on @*&E#(*@#@()*@@(@*)*&=

Knock it off Virtual Pavel!
Anyway. As I was saying - I've tried to make light of this - But I think you need to come out and start providing updates and Information. There is no reason why I have to come back weekly and read my own text.

Put me on the beta - I'll shut my trap. However, I don't think that is what the people here need. I think you need to start acting like a responible team and start providing some feedback to the forum here.

5 mins a week is all I'm asking. Post one sentence - Post one feature you have completed. Post your name with nothing else.

(Ripbud straightens himself smoothing his shirt and taking a breath.)

Okay, I have my self-control back. As I was saying one last time. Pavel and team start giving us a little respect here.

Thanks.
-jer

Posted: 08/03/2003 12:12:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

There ya go!

Now that's what I'm talking about. Show me you're alive! Show me some love! Show me you hear us bi#$ing.

I'll be looking for an update next Sunday the same or hopefully better.

-Ripbud

Posted: 08/03/2003 2:44:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but the humor of all this wore thin some time ago.

As for me, I've written off In-Portal as hopeless vaporware that never existed and never will exit --at least not in time to do me any good. I delayed things in January based on the promises and have since moved on to other software.

All the talk about wanting it to be the best and not releasing it before its time is BS. If that was the case, then don't release screenshots and don't start a friggin' In-Portal forum.

Posted: 08/03/2003 5:24:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Well...
My problem is I keep looking for a solution to the password problem.

Maybe I'm missing something that I can do to resolve it myself -

But I've wanted one password that works for news/blog/links etc.

Now I paid for in-links and for me to make a site that requires a visitor to login 2x sucks.

I check here every week hoping that there will be news. I've played around hoping a little humor might spring fourth some news...

I have to agree - if no in-portal was mentioned i would have stopped waiting and found some way to do what I need to do.

Since In-link was so well put together I thought in-portal would come about soon enough...

However, the lack of interaction other than in-link support - is very ... well you know.

It would be nice that instead of ignoring all posts that some of you would make it clear what's going on.

As stated above - is it so hard to confirm what features are done?

And in the case of it being canceled or put on a shelf until further notice. - That would suck - but at least I would move on without wondering if in-portal is going to pop-out once I finish setting up an alternative.

In short. Although I do make light of the situation - I am without a doubt - annoyed and angry with the lack of information/honesty of the status.

You can't say you're working on something still and still not be able to show some kind of progress or at least confirm features.

I believe there was something about keeping things under wraps until release to prevent others duplicating. - Let us be honest - confirming a feature that everyone else has is not a threat.

Confirming you're at 80% completion or less is fine even if it takes you a month or more to get to 81% - at least a progress report is better than a dark room.

I constantly have to check myself as I type - because what I want to say wouldn't be readable by children. So in short. This is bull.

Pavel (not the Virtual Pavel) Why don't you step up to the plate and make it clear what we are dealing with.

If you shelved it - fine. Let me know.
If you're working on it - start releasing information.

You don't have to give a release date to provide insight as to where you are and what you are doing.

Everyone is busy - so please don't use the excuse of work - I work 7 days a week as well.

I'll apoligize now is I'm coming off as a rear-end - But I think enough is enough.

Cancelled yes or no?

If not - what is the status?

Thank you for your time.
-Ripbud

Posted: 08/04/2003 7:01:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

In about a month's time, In-link would have gone by for a year without any updates.

Note:patches are not updates
I need unlimited custom fields now
I need upload image now

Posted: 08/04/2003 10:50:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

I'm glad you guys are having fun here (especially RipBud - have you ever considered applying for Saturday Night Live?)

First things first - please don't impersonate any forum member (that includes Intechnic staff) and post messages "pretending" to be someone else. Even if it is meant as a joke. As you can see, I have erased the false PaveI posts and banned the user. Don't make me do this again.

Answering your questions -
1) No, In-portal has not been cancelled. We are continuously working on it.

2) Status: admin completed (spring '03), front end In-link completed (last month), In-newz completed (besides front-end article submissions), currently debugging to ensure Search engine compatibility. In-bulletin (forum) is the next step - judging by the other two modules it will take about a month.

Again, I am not announcing any deadlines, and I don't appreciate the tone and direction of our discussion here. I thought we can make this a civil discussion about an upcoming product, but apparently this is just some "spy game" about how to extract some more information out of Intechnic...

Posted: 08/04/2003 11:36:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Actually... I did try out for "In Living Color" when I was 18. Froze up and stood there in front of some great looking girls asking my name... Too bad I forgot my name at the time...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post. I know I kind of nagged (kind of?) you into it - but again I don't see why that attitude is "cloak and dagger".

I'll tell you right now I don't see any harm and only positive results if you can simply post weeky (would be nice) or monthly giving a status report.

Again - I'm not asking for a deadline - work 7 days a week to meet deadlines. I hate them! Die Deadlines die! (whoa!) Sorry. Deadlines stress me out...

As I was saying - I don't know about the "spy game" reference - but I'm not even asking for details. Just a regular status update so I don't feel like I'm wishing on a star.

Attitude wise I can admitt I'm steaming a bit when I think how can't find a better alternative to my problem - and would like to get started implementing in-portal. Sure the attitude stinks when you guys are trying to get something done - however, my attitude is based 99% on lack of status and updates.

Okay well, I think I've been pretty clear on what I'm asking for...

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I hope you try to update weekly or monthly...

-Ripbud

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ripbud on 2003-08-04 11:36 ]</font>

Posted: 08/04/2003 10:57:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:7b81855723]

Answering your questions -
2) Status: admin completed (spring '03), front end In-link completed (last month), In-newz completed (besides front-end article submissions), currently debugging to ensure Search engine compatibility. In-bulletin (forum) is the next step - judging by the other two modules it will take about a month.
[/quote:7b81855723]

Thanks for the update Pavel. If those modules are working okay and in tandem with each other why not release them? If the other modules can just be plugged in give those wishing to reconstruct or develop web site make a start towards their goals using Intechnic products.

[quote:7b81855723]
Again, I am not announcing any deadlines, and I don't appreciate the tone and direction of our discussion here. I thought we can make this a civil discussion about an upcoming product, but apparently this is just some "spy game" about how to extract some more information out of Intechnic...
[/quote:7b81855723]

Spy Game! :smile: Do not think bro that is or was anyones intention. People may push the boundaries at times with what they write in their eagerness to take up on what promises to be a good product which without going back into the past they were told they have in their hands a long time ago.

As the team there can only put the time into the product as it is determined for them by outside circumstances the core In-link users are keen to move on as well.

Patience is what we all need as it brings perseverance - but even then like you or Andrew stated, comes a time webmasters of sites must move on.

The update you have given on the progress is great and may we see others to the point where Intechnic make the final announcement for the release of the product.