Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / In Portal Question / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In Portal Question (49)

Posted: 07/31/2003 3:37:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

I don't know much about in portal, just that it has in link built in.

My question is, is in portal going to be like phpnuke or something like that? but of course customizable?

Since there isn't any demo I don't know.

Posted: 07/31/2003 11:28:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

IMHO trying to guess what In-Portal has or how it compares to other products is pointless. The other products exist, In-Portal does not.

Posted: 07/31/2003 3:31:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

[Virtual Pavel bot enabled]

Guys,

I see there is a lot of anxienty again in this category

The more recent delays have nothing to do with In-portal itself: it is only one project of many our company is undertaking; and other projects sometimes take priority, as much as I hate to admit it.

We have dedicated people working on In-portal - but that is not enough; a lot of mine, Andrew's and Stoyan's personal time is required for In-portal to be completed, and we are simply too overloaded and overworked

All I can promise at this point, is that we are not giving up on In-portal - by any means not! The work is being done every single day; and even if the progress is not as fast as we all would like it to be - there is progress, day in and day out.

The group of beta-testers is closed for now - we already have more people than we planned on originally. The beta group is still testing the administration panel, while we are working on the front-end templates.

When I have some significant news, or when I am able to give better time estimates, I am going to break my keyboard posting here as quickly as I can

-Virtual Pavel

Posted: 07/31/2003 7:51:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:37b857565c]
On 2003-07-31 15:31, Ripbud wrote:
[Virtual Pavel bot enabled]

-Virtual Pavel
[/quote:37b857565c]

:smile: :smile: lol well said Virtual Pavel!

Posted: 07/31/2003 8:42:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Virtual Pavel, replay:

Here are screen shots, it will be pretty soon now.........

Here are more screen shots, gosh it's close...........

It should be March............

I see there is some anxiety.....etc.

Posted: 08/05/2003 12:24:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

you people really need to stop being so harsh about the release of in-portal. I'd like to see you develope something like this and see how long it takes. I bet 99.9% of you couldn't.

You need to think about all the improvements they are adding, I'm sure all the suggestions and requests for certain types of modifications are being added into in-portal, and everytime someone asks they might think it's a good idea and put it into in-portal. So they have to re-write a few things.

I know that we pay for updates so you think that gives you the right to bitch and moan, but it doesn't. Just wait and I'm sure the end result will be great.

Posted: 08/05/2003 2:53:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

"bitch and moan"

Sorry, I don't see it that way.

Nobody forced the developers to start a support forum for In-Portal last year. That alone suggested to any reasonable person that a release was near. Adding screen shots as though a release was really close was not forced on them either. And nobody forced them to talk about releases coming in January and then in March.

When we as users delay some time-critical decisions based on this, I see plenty of reason to be less than happy.

That being said, I would rather forget about In-Portal. I still think In-Link is a terrific product with the best support around.

Posted: 08/06/2003 10:09:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Let me jump in here for a second. I beg to differ on the point of "nobody forcing" us to open the discussion forum, and posting the screenshots. Sure, nobody held a gun to our head, but if you do a little searching through the archives... you will see, at least as far as the screenshots, that many users have requested them, and many were very adamant about it.

We did make the mistake of announcing In-portal too soon, creating false expectations and not delivering them. But please also see the other side of the coin - how could we completely hide the fact that we are working on a new product, and at the same time continue discussing the future of In-link? We were constantly bombarded with requests for new features, improvements, etc. - and most of them were like "when, when, when? Can I please have this, this and that?" So we listened, and the answer to these questions became In-portal... The trouble is, it turned out to be a lot more complicated task than we expected, and our development resources became scarce.

That's all I wanted to add, just another point of view from this side of the monitor :wink:

Posted: 08/06/2003 2:33:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Understood, and no hard feelings on this end. If and when In-Portal comes out, I'm sure it will be a good product and I'm sure I'll be interested in switching to it from what I have pieced together for myself from other PHP portal and portal wannabe programs. I am starting to see some others getting really close to what I want, however.

Posted: 08/07/2003 7:42:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Pavel,

You're correct that you were pushed into providing information on In-Portal. But that was reasonable since you essentially stopped development on In-Link for In-Portal. Had you continued to develop In-Link, wait would have been easier.

Now that you have both the Admin AND the In-Link potions of In-Portal complete, why don't you let your In-Link users have them? What's the point to making us wait for the full product? Why do we have to wait for modules we don't want just so we can have the updates to In-Link? Sorry, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

Bill

Page:  1 2 3 4 5