Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Is anything happening? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Is anything happening? (12)

Posted: 05/22/2003 12:05:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

We really deserve periodic communication without us having to try to pry it out.

I am at yet another juncture with my business, and need to decide if I keep waiting for who knows what or when. I have an investment in your product, both in time and money, and I don't take this decision lightly. InTechnic is not making it any easier.

Looks like the last post from InTechnic was "Stay tuned for more updates next week". That was over a month and a half ago.

Posted: 05/22/2003 3:55:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

I think the most prudent thing to do is to look elsewhere. These guys has delivered are great link system, but they are somehow uninteressted in giving us the info or else theres nothing to report about. Either way I'm having great concerns by getting more involved with their products. I dont feel I'm in good hands, so I'll be looking elsewhere unless the unexpected happens.

Posted: 05/27/2003 8:25:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Well all I can say is they don't have to release any information about how far along the script is. That is up to them to decide. Would you rather have a buggy script? or a script that is perfect?

Posted: 05/28/2003 3:07:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Of course they don't have to -- and they are proving it.

The best software companies view their customers as partners, and try to keep them involved. If you notice, the company is who said they were going to give an update, then did not follow through.

Communication has nothing to do with quality of code -- I'm not sure why you equate the two.

Many of us have businesses that depend on the software we use, and we're getting nothing here. No meaningful updates to In-Link, and the prospects for In-Portal seem dim. I was really looking forward to seeing this new product, but I have been drained of my enthusiasm.

Posted: 05/31/2003 9:48:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I'd look elsewhere. InLink is a fantastic product (though its growth cycle has all but stopped), and inPortal is nowhere to be found after over a year of promises, hype and little details except "we're working to make it the best in the world."

As for "would you rather wait or have buggy software", ALL software has bugs no matter how long it's developed. Real use is always going to find things that endless hours of testing won't uncover. And, as anyone can tell you, sometimes you just have to take the plunge and work out the minor issues later. inPortal should be at that stage now... the lack of information is VERY telling.

I don't expect to ever see inPortal available for sale, and that's sad to say because I've loved inLink for 1-2 years now. I just wish the growth potential for it hadn't died with this vaporware product taking all their resources.

inTechnic needs to hire some experienced project managers to get the inPortal back on track or they'll be losing a lot more than future sales...they'll be losing their business. I certainly won't be renewing my inLink license (assuming it hasn't already expired...how would I know since the last update was 9/2002.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wildtexas on 2003-05-31 21:52 ]</font>

Posted: 06/01/2003 1:45:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hey Everyone!

I understand how disappointing everything must be with In-Portal.

Many have businesses to run and plans to make as to what to use on theirs or their customers site and having limited feedback from Intechnic as to the progress of In_portal can be frustrating.

From posts from Intechnic and 1 beta tester it appears that In-Portal does in fact exist and is being tested by hand picked testers by Intechnic staff.

We could go on and on posting message in this thread and many others, but wisdom tells me it would be far better for our own health sakes not to allow the circumstances around the development of In_Portal to affect our lives and work.

Yes it is disappointing and whatever else and for Intechnic there will be lost sales in the interim because of the way this development has been played out but tomorrow will come and go (God willing) and life and people will move on.

If the type of product like In_portal is urgent then like myself investigate other avenues as there is some real good quality Portal software out there.

Even if In_portal does come out I expect issues to come out of the wood work like anything new, even though it may have been beta tested.

Lets close this thread and leave Intechnic to doing whatever with In-Portal and if and when it comes out then maybe we can offer some valid feedback - that is of course if we are still around. :smile:

God Bless

Posted: 06/01/2003 8:54:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Ian, thanks for your input. Please feel free to ignore the thread if you so choose.

I have valid reasons for asking for updates, and will do so. I have an investment of both time and money in this product, and I will pursue the path that I determine to be most reasonable regarding the governance of that investment.

Posted: 06/02/2003 12:15:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:f5a18f39e8]
On 2003-06-01 20:54, bpuetz wrote:
Ian, thanks for your input. Please feel free to ignore the thread if you so choose.
[/quote:f5a18f39e8]

:smile: Thanks for your comment.

[quote:f5a18f39e8]
I have valid reasons for asking for updates, and will do so. I have an investment of both time and money in this product, and I will pursue the path that I determine to be most reasonable regarding the governance of that investment.
[/quote:f5a18f39e8]

Can understand what you have expressed and why, but I do not know how many ways Intechnic staff can say "It is in Beta test other than that there is no news"

Pavel,Stoyan and Andrew have all said this in the past and keep saying it and saying it and saying it :smile: Not sure what else they can say to add to it.

Blessings bpuetz

Posted: 06/02/2003 10:40:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Ian,

You missed my first post in this thread. The last post from InTechnic was "Stay tuned for more updates next week". (About 6 weeks ago!) They said that, not me. Why is it not ok to ask them about that???

If they had said, "No more updates until we release, I would not have started this thread. They set the expectation.

Posted: 06/03/2003 5:30:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hey bpuetz!

Go for it my friend, said my peace so I leave it to you and someone from the support team from Intechnic to answer you. :smile:

Page:  1 2