Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / verge of absurdity .. / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

verge of absurdity .. (10)

Posted: 04/08/2003 5:39:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

> The plan is to release a BETA by the end
> of the year.

Just so you know .. it is now the 2nd quarter of the next year .. still nothing. You guys have given a new meaning to the phrase "vaporware."

Posted: 04/10/2003 8:12:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I am really starting to loose trust in this company. It is almost a year now when I first paid for in-link and that was when they were saying in-link is going to be released in July 2002.

This is sad what they are doing. All we have been hearing is falls promises so far.

Also, I would like to hear from beta testers. Is there really an in-portal or this is just all made up?

Posted: 04/11/2003 1:53:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:72500a4f1b]
Also, I would like to hear from beta testers. Is there really an in-portal or this is just all made up?
[/quote:72500a4f1b]

Greetings!

From what I was told by someone who had been invited to be a beta tester the agreement was that they could not disclose any information regarding In-Portal.

Posted: 04/11/2003 6:15:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I don't want beta tester to disclose any info about in-portal. All I am asking them to verify if there is in-portal.

Posted: 04/13/2003 6:52:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

I agree. My email to be a beta-tester went unanswered. Well, too bad, too sad. Vapor ware? I hope not, but it would nice to hear from a beta tester that this thing actually exists.

Chuck

Posted: 04/13/2003 8:05:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Yes, actually exists.

Posted: 04/18/2003 1:05:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I know how disappointing this has been waiting for In-Portal to come and not seeing anything for all this time. But think of what it is like to be on the In-Portal team, they have to live with these facts everyday!! Dont be to hard on the development team, they are giving there 110% in to this project, and being a beta tester, I can say you wont be disappointed. Patients is a virtue to beheld.

Posted: 04/18/2003 10:41:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks for the encouragement and comments!

Posted: 04/21/2003 10:29:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

This is all I wanted to hear from beta testers. We all have been waiting for this product for almost a year now and with very little information from the dev team.

But I am sure they will come up with something that will impress us all.

Posted: 04/28/2003 5:03:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I've had the inlink system for nearly a year now. I haven't yet utilized it to it's fullest but it has been one of the best "links", portal systems I’ve used, and I’ve used a lot. Please don't get me wrong when you read what i have to say this isn't meant to be a flame post against the company but a view from a customer. I'm sure many feel the way I do. When i was searching for the ideal portal for my site I scrutinized every company. Inlink had a great site, excellent documentation, nice preview and one hell of a great script. I love the strength of the script itself. It combines a lot of the features I wanted in a website into one package. I've even bugged the support team who responded with speed and courtesy for what must seem like rudimentary problems.

One of the biggest sellers for me was that this script wasn't going to remain static. With this boast above the purchase area i was quite happy with the idea of buying the script: "The license entitles you to receive free technical support and gives you free upgrades for the future versions of In-link for one year from the date of purchase."

For all that Inlink has done for me my one year anniversary is fast approaching and I, like others have concerns that we bought a product as is. Again, to reiterate my point, this isn't a flame but a voiced concern. I have read the forums and seen the growing number of flames. This, from my point of view, stems from frustration.

I can accept the fact that I bought a product, a good product. I see it as buying something tangible, like a car for the sake on an analogy. With a car they don't give a free upgrade on new models unless there is a problem, and with Inlink there are none that I’ve experienced.

Another reason that I am writing this is that release date for the new Inportal is a specter to the customer. We've seen such statements as:

To everybody, who still wants a release date:
We cannot promise anything at this point, but our best estimate currently is the following:
- Alpha Jan 3rd
- Beta Jan 17th-20th
- Public release in February, based on Beta results
Again, this is an estimate based on our current production schedule.

Hope this will wrap up the timeframe discussions

All I have to say is the clock is ticking and the dates slip into obscurity. People don't want reassurances about your product with words they want: screenshots, a beta test site, reviews from beta testers, and updated news on the product’s development (even if it's minor) and such.

I am a loyal customer for and enjoy and appreciate all your hard work. I just hope our patience is appreciated and you understand our position when you read “flame” posts from people not as eloquent with their wording.