Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Starting to worry / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Starting to worry (7)

Posted: 11/19/2002 10:20:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Starting to worry.........need In-Portal

Posted: 11/23/2002 5:02:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Don't worry.
A few tips for you at intechnic:
To get some helpful user input your users should have something they can put their input in about :wink:
and about which something should they do that...
Sounds sort of what?
OK.
No, I have no idea either.
Yes, I too would like to ...
alfabetagammadeltatesters wanted? Take me!
ooops! How many days?

Greetings
Robin

Posted: 11/26/2002 12:54:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

After waiting for 6 months I have looked for other solution and also I wonder how many people will renew their licence if In-link goes like this.
I think they should have stayed with in-link without talking about Big Stuff(in-portal).

Posted: 11/26/2002 1:56:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Oh ye of little faith.

Chuck

Posted: 02/17/2003 7:53:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I would have preferred a really great links directory script than *another* cms (phpnuke, postnuke, etc)

Posted: 02/18/2003 7:41:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

I'm agree with leeherron.

I've bought in-link for having a powerful link directory. And with the in-portal project it seems this product would have only some few enhancements...

I don't want to have a portal too(and there are many open sources projects whose do this perfectly actually, for exemple phpnuke, postnuke,ezcontents)....

Yesterday i've found another link indexing name turbo seek. It looks like to have many more functions(ex banner rotator, html generation, unlimited new fields for links, premium listing ...) with a better price than in-links...

For all of this, i would like to have an answer of the intertnic team.

Posted: 02/18/2003 11:57:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

What sort of an answer you are looking for? "Why In-link is better than Turbo-seek?"

Regarding the directory software question: we are not switching direction from directory software to cms. We are just expanding the scope. The features that you are talking about (banner rotation, html generation, etc) are common to lots of programs, not just directory management. That's where In-portal comes in, providing all of these common features to all of its modules.

Then, each module will be continuously developed and enhanced. So In-link will continue to grow and gain more features, like many users are asking for. In-portal is a new foundation on which these modules will grow.