Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Front-end :: Title page of an In-portal driven site / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Front-end :: Title page of an In-portal driven site (17)

Posted: 11/08/2002 12:29:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

As promised, today we are beginning to post some of the In-portal screens. The first screen that I would like to present for your review is a new default theme set for In-portal.

http://www.in-portal.net/screens/front.jpg

The default theme will include all the templates for all the modules. As you can see, this example title page outputs information from several different modules: In-link, In-newz, In-survey, In-ads, etc. The new In-portal will have a completely revamped and a more refined system of tags allowing to output any elements from any modules in any templates.

More screenshots are on the way later today, meanwhile I will gladly start addressing any question that you might have.

Posted: 11/08/2002 12:47:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

In which language the news will be

Posted: 11/08/2002 12:47:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Very Nice. I can't wait to see more.

Chuck

Posted: 11/08/2002 12:50:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Andrew,

Finally got to see a preview of in-portal. Here are some questions which i've got:

- When is in-portal likely to be released?
- What will be the features for the different modules?
- What modules will be released once in-portal is ready?
- How are the prices set? expensive/cheap? approx. figures?

last but not the least.. some more screen shots would be great. especially of the forum and the Admin panel.

Thanks!

Posted: 11/08/2002 1:29:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Looks promising..
.. don't forget my online newspaper / news / book editing module, please..

Posted: 11/08/2002 2:20:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

One more question. I would like to install the in-link module twice, as I will have two independant directories on my site. Will that be possible in in-portal ?

thanks!

Posted: 11/09/2002 3:12:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Andrew,

Two questions and a comment:

1) How configurable are the elements shown on the home page? I wouldn't want our home page to look much like the example.

2) Does the search function search all content, including the directory and forums? That would be great.

Comment: At the moment, we feed most home page content from our forums, as well as post things like the About, Contact Us, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy in a forum designated for site content. This may seem goofy, but it is very easy for non-technical people to add content and make changes using the familiar forums software. I think it's important that the In-portal interfaces to news, directory, forums not be so different as to each represent a learning curve.

Posted: 11/20/2002 10:09:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

ITS VERY NICE !! A like InPortal !!! very very good look. Im hungry for install it in me server.

GOOD JOB !!

Posted: 11/20/2002 2:03:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Looks great.

What functionality did you guys add to the new "in-link modul" .
Is there a list of new features and functions the new in-link will have?

Posted: 11/27/2002 8:57:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Nice it took you guys that long to create
a photoshop layout of in-portal? Since that's what it is....just look at the
spacing of the text in the news....you
should have increased the kerning then at
least the text would have looked real....

Sorry to sound so harsh but we're getting
played here....it's quite obvious.

DynaMite

Page:  1 2