Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Content Management / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Content Management (15)

Posted: 10/19/2002 12:44:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I am very interested in content management. When will or will there be a module to write articles? Archives are very important also.

Chuck

Posted: 10/19/2002 1:56:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hey,
this would be great:
to have a news editor with all of the normally needed designing bells and whistles (place pics everywhere you want, add some flash or so (like in typo3 for instance, but without the programming needs) and have all or most of the features you normally have when making some layout for a webpage, depending perhaps on some premade template, just made for this particular article).
This also should work for story telling with "to be continued..." and then continues on severeal following pages...
You see what I mean: having the opportunity of freedom in design and a lot of comfort in using it.
Not to forget the different access types (user rights) for this kind of editing - perhaps you can call it online journalism also... with different people working on different parts and chapters of a whole big one!
So far
greetings
Robin

Posted: 10/22/2002 1:20:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

I agree. I use phpbb. I am designing a CMS for it right now. I am also working on a review system for phpbb. I thing a good template based system could be a great addition for in-portal.

I will probably buy in-link once i get soem confirmation on plans to write a cms for it.

Chuck

Posted: 10/23/2002 10:34:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Yes, actually, In-portal will come with powerful content editors that will include most of the features sharewood mentioned (and more). Screenshots are also coming up this week.

Posted: 10/25/2002 7:13:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

There needs to be an area where xml news feeds can be dropped in. Geeklog is a perfect example of what can be done in this area. It has a admin section where you can add "blocks" , these blocks can be html, php or xml feeds. Enter in the URL of the XML feed and what section you want it to appear and it does the rest.

Since webs411.com is putting relevant news and information in each category, this would be a huge benefit. You could use the category id to put it in the section you want it.

The idea of having blocks of code that you can drop in anywhere in in-portal would be very strong. And if those blocks could be XMl, that would be HUGE.

Posted: 10/28/2002 1:47:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Are those screen shots coming soon??

Posted: 10/30/2002 12:17:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Screenshots??

Posted: 10/30/2002 1:11:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Screenshots!!!

Mariusz

Posted: 11/02/2002 1:12:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I know this is another echo, but a week has passed and no screen shots.

Chuck

Posted: 11/07/2002 12:45:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Another 5 days have passed and no screen shots. How much longer???

Page:  1 2